- Before any work or pricing begins, the client will have up to one hour with Romy as their initial consultation.
- Consultations may be rescheduled with 48 hours notice; otherwise a $25 rescheduling fee will apply.
- Consultation fee is $100 and is non-refundable, but will be applied to your project.
- All pricing, quotes and shipping costs are in USD.
- A 60% non-refundable deposit is required before work can begin on your piece; the last 40% is due at least two weeks prior to shipment. The deposit covers the cost of materials for the garment(s)/embroidery being commissioned.
- By making a payment towards a project with this studio, you are entering into a binding agreement to finish the payments for your contracted work with Faden Design Studios.
We realize that these pieces are an investment and can bill out this project in multiple payments:
- 60% must be received BEFORE any work can begin on your project – that means a projected delivery date will be determined after receipt of the entire deposit. Please be sure to check your calendar beforehand.
- Balance due – this balance is the remainder of your project, and may be split into 2 or 3 invoiced payments.
- Items will not be shipped until final payments are received.
- If you miss 2 payments in a row, your commission will be cancelled and you will forfeit any money paid towards the project.
You are always welcome to pay in full if you wish. We receive payments directly thru PayPal Business Invoicing.
- Each piece is made to our client’s individual measurements, and each client is unique, therefore it is important that you provide accurate measurements. Please take great care taking your measurements correctly. If you are concerned about taking your own measurements, we recommend having a local tailor/professional measure you. You will be sent a copy of the required measurement form we will need to make your patterns from.
- All measurements are to be indicated in inches.
- In addition, please note any unique qualities of your figure that you feel we might need to know when making your pattern. For example, “I am short waisted, I am petite, I have broad shoulders.”
- Measurements must be provided within 7 days in order to keep to the established timetable for your project.
- We also ask for a CURRENT front, side and back photo of our clients so that we can *see* their shape, stance and posture- they are best taken while wearing a tighter fitted shirt and shorts, yoga wear, or bathing suit. (These images will NEVER be shared – clients who wish to send photos but obscure their face may do so.)
- No refunds will be made due to incorrect measurements.
- Should you choose any further alterations to the garment, after delivery, it will be at the your expense.
All projects are taken on a first come first serve. We are happy to have your commission added to our production calendar once your full deposit payment has been received. Due to the nature of the hand work involved in making you items, make time varies and can take several months from receipt of full deposit, based on the nature of your project and studio workload. The sooner we receive your deposit, the longer we have to work on your garment.
Please note, each pattern is draped and drafted by hand, fabrics treatments and embellishments and all fabrication is done solely by Faden Design Studios. Change requests to garment, made by client, after the deposit has been made will be subject to additional fees. These fees are based on the changes requested, amount of time before original deadline, additional materials and labor.
Client will receive photos of the work in progress, and updates throughout the project.
Changes to Orders:
Change requests to the garment, made by the client, after the deposit has been made (and construction begun) will be subject to additional fees. These fees are based on the changes requested, amount of time before original deadline, additional materials and labor.
If you need a commissioned piece faster than our standard make time, please let us know! Because each piece is handmade we do charge a rush fee, in addition to the price of the garment/ item + plus shipping costs. Rush fees are at our discretion; please contact us to confirm that rush is available for your project.
Due to the nature of rush orders, total payment is required for rush orders before any work can be started.
DOMESTIC CUSTOMERS: All items will be shipped USPS Priority, tracked and insured. You will be sent tracking information once a shipping label has been created.
If there is a problem with your shipment (lost for over 30 days, damaged), we will file an insurance claim and, depending on the item and the circumstances of the situation, re-create it or reimburse you the total value.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: We ship USPS Priority International, insured. We have had good luck with Priority arriving within 2 weeks around the world, but please understand that in some cases shipping times can be as long as 4-6 weeks. International customers are responsible for any duty fees incurred at customs in their country. In some countries, these can be as much as 25% of the item price, so please familiarize yourself with your country’s duty fees, VAT, etc. Under no circumstances will a package be marked “gift.”
Hand delivery can be arranged and will be subject to travel fees.
Refunds, Exchanges and Cancellations:
All orders are custom made for you and are non-refundable/ non exchangeable. If client chooses to cancel project at any time, you will forfeit any money paid towards the project.
Intellectual Property and Copyright:
All sketches, original designs, text and photographs of work by Faden Design Studios are protected by copyright. No one may use these sketches, designs, text or photographs without proper written consent from Faden Design Studios.