Please take great care taking your measurements correctly. If you are concerned about taking your own measurements, we recommend having a local tailor/professional measure you. We make all of our custom orders based on your measurements, so if these are incorrect we cannot guarantee correct fit. No refunds will be made due to incorrect measurements.
Each dress is made to the client’s measurements, and each client is unique, therefore it is important that you provide the following measurements. Please refer to our Measurement chart. All measurements are to be indicated in inches, please. You will need to provide:
- True Height: Your true height from the top of your head to the floor (no shoes).
- Center front height: Standing tall, measure from the pit of your neck to the floor. Please indicate whether your measurements are taken with or without the shoes you intend to wear with the costume.
- Neck circumference.
- Bust: This is quite literally the nipple line, & around your back, with the measuring tape even and parallel to the floor. You want to measure the fullest part of your bust.
- Bra size – Cup and Band size: Use the bra you intend to wear with this costume when taking all measurements.
- Waist: This is different for every person. It is generally about 1/2 inch above your belly button. Typically, it’s where the waist is smallest. Again, keep the measuring tape straight and parallel to the floor.
- Hips: This is the widest part of your hips/butt area. Again, keep the measuring tape straight and parallel to the floor.
- Side seam length: this is the measurement from your natural waist to about 1 inch from your armpit.
- Sleeve length: Stand straight with your arm up, your hand on your hips (this will put your arm/elbow at a 90 degree angle). Measure from the middle of your spine on the back of your neck, down the shoulder, down your arm to the elbow, and continue down to your wrist. This is best taken by a friend or tailor.
- Upper Arm or bicep: Measure around the largest part of your upper arm, well above the elbow.
- Forearm circumference.
- Wrist circumference.
- Across Shoulder (back): Measure from the furthest edge of one shoulder, across your back to the other shoulder.
**Note any unique qualities of your figure that you feel we might need to know when making your pattern. For example, “I am short waisted, I am petite, I have broad shoulders.”
** We also ask for a CURRENT front, side and back photo of my clients so that we can *see* their shape, stance and posture- they are best taken while wearing a tighter fitted shirt and shorts, yoga wear, or bathing suit. (These images will NEVER be shared – clients who wish to send photos but wish obscure their face should feel free to do so.)
Should you choose any further alterations to the garment, after delivery, it will be at the your expense.