Terms and Conditions
All pricing, quotes and shipping costs are in USD.
A 50% non-refundable deposit is required before work can begin on your piece; the last 50%, plus shipping costs, are due any time prior to shipment. The deposit covers the cost of materials, research time, fabric sourcing and initial consultation of the garment(s) being commissioned. By making a deposit towards a costume you are entering into an agreement to finish the payments for your contracted work with Faden Design Studios.
Split payments- We realize that these pieces are an investment and can bill out this project in multiple payments- a “split payment” fee of $10 will be added to your final total if you choose a payment plan.
- 50% must be received BEFORE work can begin on your project- that means, projected delivery date begins after receipt of the entire deposit. Please be sure to check your calendar beforehand.
- Balance due – this balance is the second half of your garments plus shipping fees, and may also be split into 2 or 3 invoiced payments.
Items will not be shipped until final payments are received.
You are always welcome to pay in full if you wish. We receive payments directly thru Paypal (email), or by a custom listing on our Etsy shop.
Sourcing and procurement of all fabrics and trims are done after the receipt of full deposit or as otherwise stated.
No refunds will be made due to incorrect measurements. Please take great care taking your measurements correctly. If you are concerned about taking your own measurements, we recommend having a local tailor/professional measure you. We make all of our custom orders based on your measurements, so if these are incorrect we cannot guarantee correct fit.
Each dress is made to the client’s measurements, and each client is unique, therefore it is important that you provide the following measurements.
Please refer to our Measurement chart. All measurements are to be indicated in inches, please. You will need to provide:
- True Height: Your true height from the top of your head to the floor (no shoes).
- Center front height: Standing tall, measure from the pit of your neck to the floor. Please indicate whether your measurements are taken with or without the shoes you intend to wear with the costume.
- Neck circumference.
- Bust: This is quite literally the nipple line, & around your back, with the measuring tape even and parallel to the floor. You want to measure the fullest part of your bust.
- Bra size – Cup and Band size: Use the bra you intend to wear with this costume when taking all measurements.
- Waist: This is different for every person. It is generally about 1/2 inch above your belly button. Typically, it’s where the waist is smallest. Again, keep the measuring tape straight and parallel to the floor.
- Hips: This is the widest part of your hips/butt area. Again, keep the measuring tape straight and parallel to the floor.
- Side seam length: this is the measurement from your natural waist to about 1 inch from your armpit.
- Sleeve length: Stand straight with your arm up, your hand on your hips (this will put your arm/elbow at a 90 degree angle). Measure from the middle of your spine on the back of your neck, down the shoulder, down your arm to the elbow, and continue down to your wrist. This is best taken by a friend or tailor.
- Upper Arm or bicep: Measure around the largest part of your upper arm, well above the elbow.
- Forearm circumference.
- Wrist circumference.
- Across Shoulder (back): Measure from the furthest edge of one shoulder, across your back to the other shoulder.
**Note any unique qualities of your figure that you feel we might need to know when making your pattern. For example, “I am short waisted, I am petite, I have broad shoulders.”
** We also ask for a CURRENT front, side and back photo of my clients so that we can *see* their shape, stance and posture- they are best taken while wearing a tighter fitted shirt and shorts, yoga wear, or bathing suit. (These images will NEVER be shared – clients who wish to send photos but obscure their face may do so.)
Should you choose any further alterations to the garment, after delivery, it will be at the your expense.
All projects are taken on a first come first serve. We are happy to have your commission added to our production calendar once your full deposit payment has been received. Due to the nature of the hand work involved in making you items, make time varies and can take 6 weeks to several months from receipt of full deposit, based on the nature of your project and studio workload. The sooner we receive your deposit, the longer we have to work on your garment.
- Please note, each pattern is draped and drafted by hand, fabrics treatments and embellishments and all fabrication is done solely by Faden Design Studios. Change requests to garment, made by client, after the deposit has been made will be subject to additional fees. These fees are based on the changes requested, amount of time before original deadline, additional materials and labor.
- Client will receive photos of the work in progress, and updates throughout the project.
All items will be shipped USPS, generally Priority, with tracking and 3rd party insurance or USPS insured. If you would prefer a different carrier, we are flexible.
Signature confirmation will be included on all items worth $200 or more. This may require you to make a trip to the post office, but insures that your valuable purchase makes it into your hands.
You will be sent tracking information once a shipping label has been created.
If there is a problem with your shipment (lost for over 30 days, damaged), we will file an insurance claim and, depending on the item and the circumstances of the situation, re-create it or reimburse you the total value.
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS: We ship USPS Priority International, insured. We have had good luck with Priority arriving within 2 weeks around the world, but please understand that in some cases shipping times can be as long as 4-6 weeks. In the event that you need the item by a certain time, we would be happy to upgrade to Express International (the only USPS international shipping option with guaranteed delivery time), for an additional cost.
International customers are responsible for any duty fees incurred at customs in their country. In some countries, these can be as much as 25% of the item price, so please familiarize yourself with your country’s duty fees, VAT, etc. Under no circumstances will a package be marked “gift.”
All custom orders are non-refundable/ non exchangeable.
If you need a commissioned piece faster than our standard make time, please let us know! Because each piece is handmade we do charge a rush fee, in addition to the price of the garment/ item + plus shipping costs. Rush fees are at our discretion; please contact us to confirm that rush is available for your project.
Please look carefully at the rush fee schedule listed below:
6 week delivery- $100
4-5 week delivery- $200
2-3 week delivery- $ 350
less than 2 week delivery- $400
Total payment is required for rush orders before any work can be started.